The PageSpeed Insights performance score for mobile rose from 12 to 82.
The PageSpeed Insights performance score for desktop rose from 47 to 94.
Having a fast website is important for both search engine rankings and user experience, and global telecom business TeleForwarding wanted us to improve its website speed performance on desktop and mobile.
Over a twelve-week period, we analysed the Core Web Vitals for Teleforwarding. We used the PageSpeed Insights tool to pinpoint problems with page loading. We captured a score of 12 on mobile and a score of 47 on desktop â€“ both of which are poor results.
Paying careful attention to both mobile and desktop scores, we looked at different recommendations to make a positive impact to the score â€“ with very successful results.
After just three months, we saw a big improvement in the websiteâ€™s speed on both desktop and mobile!
- We updated WordPress to the latest edition.
- We installed Redis Cache.
- We installed the Autoptimize plugin.
- We installed the WP Rocket plugin.
- We enabled GZIP in the server.
- We compressed and optimised images.
- We implemented lazy loading.
- We optimised the CSS delivery.
- We optimised web fonts.
- We added expires headers.
- We eliminated render-blocking CSS.
- We updated all essential plugins to the latest editions.
- We reduced the impact of third-party code.
- We reduced server response times (TTFB).
- We optimised the critical rendering path.