Most Mobile Ads In Asia Pacific Are Served In-App

Mobile web adverts are falling well behind native app ads in the Asia Pacific region. According to new research from Vpon, 77% of all mobile ads delivered in the first half of this year came from mobile apps, with the remaining 23% coming from the mobile web. Indonesia saw the largest difference in numbers, with 90% of all mobile ad impressions coming in-app. Even the market with the lowest in-app impression share, Macau, saw 55% of mobile ads come from mobile apps. eMarketer has estimated that mobile ad spend in the region will be worth 53 billion US dollars this year, with this figure set to grow to 115 billion US dollars by 2021.