Ecommerce In Spain Grew 25% In Q1 2017

Research by CNMC has found that ecommerce in Spain grew by 25% year-on-year in the first quarter of 2017. During this time period, 115 million transactions totalling 6.8 billion Euros took place. The product categories that saw the highest levels of spending were travel and clothing. Looking at where Spaniards are shopping, the research found that 55% of money spent online went to Spanish ecommerce sites. The remaining 45% went to foreign sites, with 93% of these purchases being from other EU countries and 3% from US sites.